A BIT ABOUT US
HERE’S A CRAZY THOUGHT:
WHAT IF WOMEN’S HEALTHCARE WAS DESIGNED WITH WOMEN IN MIND?
Women are amazing!
In an era of rapidly evolving healthcare, it is critical that we acknowledge and understand the unique factors that shape women’s health needs, which are not currently addressed by traditional healthcare systems.
Women have unique and often complex health needs and we are passionate that every woman should have access to mental & emotional healthcare using technology.
Our mission is simple: to bring women’s mental health & wellbeing into the 21st century, with on-demand therapy from any device!
WE’RE ON A MISSION TO TRANSFORM WOMEN’S MENTAL HEALTH CARE
Regular monitoring of your mental health using clinically validated questionnaires to empower you to better understand & manage your mental health & access support at the earliest opportunity.
Connect privately with others experiencing the same or similar concerns relating to health & well-being, enabling you to share your experiences & support other women.
On-demand access to compassionate, expert Therapists via secure text-message or video consultation whenever & wherever you are on tablet or mobile.
A bit about us
Access support when you need it
Given the prevalence of mental & emotional health problems and the serious impact these can have on women and their families, our mission is imperative.
What could be more important than quality of life!
We want to make it possible for you to manage your health & well-being on a more precise and personalised level than ever before by helping you to access experienced mental health professionals wherever you are, whenever you need to.
Whether you are experiencing the pain and distress that infertility issues can bring or experiencing difficulties with your mental health related to pregnancy, or emotional challenges relating to the menopause, we’re here for you.
Our mission is to provide more women with convenient access to licensed therapists who can help you deal with the emotional challenges you are facing:
- Appointments from the comfort of your own home or a location of your choice.
- Convenient access to practitioners.
- No long wait for GP referrals.
- No long waits for therapy appointments.
- No need to take time out of work to fit in appointments.
- No travelling.
- Sessions can be purchased as a gift for friends or family.
Ready to try online therapy?
What is Online Therapy?
Online therapy is the delivery of mental health counselling via the internet, usually on smart device, tablet or desktop. Therapists and online therapy networks use a variety of mediums such texting, video chatting, voice messaging and audio messaging.
Research shows that behavioural therapy provided via written message or video is as effective as face-to-face therapy[i].
Many people choose online therapy over traditional in-person therapy; studies show that because of stigma, patients are more inclined to open up whilst communicating electronically than face to face[ii].
[i] Mohr et al (2012)
[ii] Kessler et al (2009)
There are unique benefits for therapists as well:
- More time to respond to clients and form better answers
- Easy to instantly send resources via links
- Therapists can work more flexibly, enabling them to see more patients
Why clients and therapists often prefer text-based psychotherapy:
Breaking down more barriers isn’t the only reason people choose text-based therapy. In the same way video chatting works best for many clients and therapists, people prefer texting therapy for the following reasons:
- Some people express themselves better by writing rather than talking.
- It is easy to look at previous messages and progress. Clients and therapists don’t need to take notes.
- Most people already spend a lot of time texting and feel comfortable doing it; text-based therapy fits that lifestyle.
- Text-based therapy is similar to journaling or keeping a diary – which many people like to do.
- Therapists and clients can take more time to respond to difficult questions or issues.
Does text-based therapy work?
ONE LAST THING
Keeping yourself safe and secure during your online therapy session
You can be confident that our professional API’s enable us to securely connect you with our online therapists. Our technology is GDPR & HIPAA compliant.
However, there are also safety measures you can take:
- Always log out of your account if you use a computer at work or at the library.
- Use a personal device if possible.
- Keep your payment details secure.
- Have passcodes for your device.
- Don’t leave your computer or electronic devices out and open to others.
- Ensure you are in a sound-proof environment when doing video chat sessions and use earbuds or headphones.
Ready to try online therapy?
Chief Medical Officer
“As women, we often face complex and personal health problems at various stages of life, which is why having access to the right support for your mental & emotional health is crucial. This is exactly why our mission at Juno is to provide vital access to Therapists, digital resources and a supportive online community.”
Operations & Relationships